Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC I Player & Samsung (Read 2638 times)
apcwmwl

BBC I Player & Samsung
Dec 10th, 2019, 3:07pm

Can anyone say which BBC Brain cell decided to stop I Player from working on any Samsung Smart TV made between 2015 & 2018. There is quite a lot of info online. Software update does not cure (mine is v.1310). The I Player app was altered as from yesterday. No warning given. Annoyed? Yes I am!!!! Smiley Smiley

apcwmwl  
IP Logged

V Meldrew
YaBB Newbies

Re: BBC I Player & Samsung
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2019, 5:43pm

IP Logged

apcwmwl

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2019, 7:22pm

Very strange that the solutio lies with Auntie telling all to turn off from the mains so that Samsung can be reinstalled completely, but not thst it was necessary to re-register with iplayer!!
I did this and it is now restored.
WOW!

apcwmwl  
IP Logged

simonm
YaBB Newbies

Bristol
Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2020, 7:58am

It's also broken on Panasoinc Viera. You get the BBC iPlayer menus, but if you select something it merely crashes back out to Freeview.

In this case Panasonic must bear some responsibility: the TV in question hasn't had a single firmware update since purchase about six years ago, and its "apps" are questionable, especially the lack of security features on its Web browser. Thankfully mine has neither mic nor camera...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print