Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC "without resources" (Read 762 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

BBC "without resources"
Apr 29th, 2023, 10:24am

This is from TVBEurope by Jenny Priestley:-

"The BBC is being held back in a yesteryear of TV and radio by uncertainty over funding and regulation, and by the DCMS Department’s constant delays and down-scaling of national fast broadband rollout plans," said the public accounts committee "

More here.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: BBC "without resources" - the future
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2023, 3:39pm

I'm rather surprised to read this (in the TVBEurope article referred to in the above):

Dame Meg Hillier MP - chair of the Public Affairs Committee - said: “The BBC has committed to an internet-only future by the 2030s ...."

I realised a while ago that this was a likely scenario (what with the Tories seemingly hell-bent on selling-off all the broadcast frequencies to the mobile phone companies) but this is my first reading of the idea - in an "official statement" - of it as a future 'expectation'.

Those left in the Digital section will definitely need to do something major with the iPlayer if that scenario is to come about!!

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print