Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Single News Channel (Read 1333 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Single News Channel
Apr 3rd, 2023, 11:56am

The BBC Media Centre has an item from the Director of Digital, BBC News, Naja Nielson.
Here it is.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Peter Difolco
YaBB Newbies

Re: Single News Channel
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2023, 1:25pm

Well after a couple of months of the changes to news channels it is plain to see that domestic news is the biggest loser , what we now have is effectively world TV with a splattering of domestic news when necessary. While Nicky Campbells radio show may be popular it makes lousy TV viewing. It is a great shame after decades of building up a news channel audience to just let it all go , audience figures are down on where they were before the changes. A couple of questions, were the public consulted about the changes ? and why should UK license fee payers pay for a world TV channel that is predominantly aimed at the international audience ?

IP Logged

MB
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2023, 2:20pm

I think we need to blame the government first and foremost for deliberately emasculating BBC News and its finances. But I agree the new 24-hour set-up is an unhappy mish-mash which must be better thought-through and managed. People like me will turn to Sky in their droves.

IP Logged

John

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2023, 9:12am

I already find I'm viewing Sky News more often. GB News offers a different slant on the news.

IP Logged

DMCP
YaBB Newbies

UK
Reply #4 - May 29th, 2023, 9:28am

I used to enjoy the countdown to the top of the hour, with the catchy theme tune and the clock in the corner.

Sometimes it started from 80 seconds and that made my day!

Now the clock is bigger and right in your face in the centre, it's my cue to switch over to Sky News...

IP Logged

WG

Hitchin
Reply #5 - May 29th, 2023, 9:19pm

Now it’s quite obvious nobody is watching this-so save some money and take it off the air-test card music is better

Mr Playlist

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print