Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
News values....again! (Read 1822 times)
Burstner55
Ex Member

News values....again!
Apr 5th, 2021, 4:24pm

"Actress Thandie Newton has said she is reverting to the original Zimbabwean spelling of her first name, Thandiwe.
The actress has hitherto been known as Thandie, an anglicised version of her name with the "w" absent.
All of Newton's films will be credited with the name Thandiwe (pronounced "tan-DEE-way") Newton in future.
"That's my name. It's always been my name. I'm taking back what's mine," Newton told British Vogue."

The BBC of today calls this "news".  Not in my book. (News On-line Home page). Is there really nothing of more importance?

IP Logged

Bolshy
YaBB Newbies

Re: News values....again!
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2021, 10:06am

Perhaps "The Place and Extent of Lies in British Government" would be a more interesting and important subject. They could start by listening to the last edition of the Food Programme "The Magic of Mussels" and read last weeks editions of the Sunday Mirror and Daily Mirror (other newspapers are available) to provide background material of the character of the prime minister Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print