Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RPI to CPI (Read 5777 times)
John

I Love YaBB 2!

RPI to CPI
Dec 4th, 2018, 3:09pm

I wonder if this might eventually affect BBC pensioners?
www.theregister.co.uk/2018/12/04/bt_pension_scheme_court_appeal_judgment/

IP Logged

chris west

Spain
Re: RPI to CPI
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2018, 5:00pm

I like the sound of that.......

IP Logged

JonW
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2019, 8:53am

I heard on Radio 4 today that a House of Lords committee has determined that there should be a new measure of inflation that should be implemented within the next five years.

The purpose is to abolish the ' confusion ' between RPI and CPI and have just one statistic which will more accurately reflect ' real ' inflation.

What's the betting that it will be lower than RPI and pension funds will have been given a way to dump this higher rate as RPI will no longer exist ?

IP Logged

Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2019, 6:40pm

I would agree with them that the indices need reviewing!  A read through of this government explanation of what's in and out would make a good comedy script if it wasn't real!

Apart from adding stuff like Popcorn, both bought in Cinemas and shops and smart speakers like Alexa, and similar non-essential items, ease of collecting data on price changes seems important!

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2019, 8:36pm

JonW wrote on Sep 4th, 2019, 8:53am:
I heard on Radio 4 today that a House of Lords committee has determined that there should be a new measure of inflation that should be implemented within the next five years.

Found the report! Linky

And who wrote this UK Yahoo finance news report?!

Quote "RPI’s flawed calculations of inflation have been generally higher than under the more respected consumer price index (CPI) measure since 2005."

"more respected ..CPI" Really?

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print