Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Douglas Camfield (Read 4202 times)
Michael Seely
YaBB Newbies

Douglas Camfield
Mar 11th, 2014, 6:09pm

Hello,

My name is Michael Seely and in the past this forum and its members have been absolutely wonderful in helping me with a couple of projects and if I may, I wish to crave your indulgence one more time.

I'm currently researching a book on the late Douglas Camfield (which has the approval of his family). I doubt there are many people who are unfamiliar with the man many considered to be one of the greatest television directors of his time. I am very keen to hear from anyone who worked with him behind the scenes from either when he was a director, or those ten years or so as he worked his way up from assistant film editor to production assistant.

Like so many people who worked on it, he tends to be associated mainly with Doctor Who or The Sweeney, but I am just as eager to explore his work on Z Cars to The Nightmare Man to Beau Geste or myriad episodes from drama series like The Lotus Eaters, Paul Temple, Target, Trial, Accident etc.

I'm not after 'witty anecdotes' as such, but anything that could help give me an idea of what is was like to work under him in any capacity, his technique, and why he is remembered with such respect and affection. He has so many fans.

If anyone is willing to help or share a memory, I can be contacted by email at seely1@hotmail.com .

Many thanks,

Michael

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print