Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Adams, (Director HR) to leave (Read 7075 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Adams, (Director HR) to leave
Aug 29th, 2013, 3:51pm

The BBC has announced that Lucy Adams, Director of HR for the last five years on a salary of £320,000 is to leave.

She will not be receiving any severance pay as a result of her decision to leave the BBC, and will be working her notice period.

The BBC Media Statement maybe found here.

Lucy joined the BBC as Director, BBC People on 1 June 2009, and was responsible for the full range of HR functions including training and development, internal communications, resourcing, employee relations, reward, organisation design and change management. She was also responsible for the BBC's outsourced HR services.

Lucy was previously Director of HR at the international legal firm Eversheds LLP. Prior to this she spent nine years at Serco Group plc, starting as Change Director in the Rail Division before becoming the Group HR Director in 2004.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Re: Adams, (Director HR) to leave
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2013, 4:00pm

This is from "Ariel".

HR director Lucy Adams is to leave the BBC next year.

Adams, who joined the corporation in 2009 from legal firm Eversheds, will depart at the end of the financial year in March 2014 and will work up until her leaving date.

She said she'd been discussing her departure with Tony Hall for some time.

'By next spring I will have been at the BBC for five years which feels like a good time to try something new,' said Adams, who is on a £320,000 salary.

'It has been a great privilege to lead the BBC's People division,' she added. 'The BBC is a unique institution and I am extremely proud of the work the team has achieved in spite of the challenges along the way.'

The director general said he would be sorry to see his director go.

'She has done a great job and contributed a huge amount to the BBC,' he said. 'I am pleased that, in the short term at least, she will continue to help me simplify the way we do business in the BBC so that we can spend more time concentrating on our programmes and services.'

Adams is responsible for designing and implementing the BBC's HR strategy. She also oversees the BBC Academy and Internal Communications.

In the wake of the Savile scandal she commissioned the Respect at Work review, which set out a series of recommendations on tackling bullying and harassment at the BBC.

She also led negotiations with the unions over pay and DQF proposals relating to unpredictability allowance and redundancy terms.

And she appeared before the Public Accounts Committee in July, alongside the DG and chairman, to answer questions about severance pay-offs to senior staff following the BBC's drive to cut senior manager numbers.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2013, 4:25pm

The Guardian's view:-

Lucy Adams, the BBC's head of human resources accused of presiding over "corporate fraud and cronyism" for her role in multi-million pound severance pay deals to top executives, is to leave the corporation.

Adams has been under pressure following an unconvincing performance in front of the Public Accounts Committee in July, where Tory MP Richard Bacon accused her of "corporate fraud and cronyism", after signing off a series of controversial severance deals including almost £1m for Mark Byford, the deputy director general.

The whole article may be found here.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2013, 4:46pm

This is from the web-site of The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.

“I have always loved the BBC. I grew up with it,” she (Lucy Adams) says, describing how her father, an actor and writer, and mother, a secretary in the legal department, met while working at the corporation. “To be given an opportunity to be here, for however long, is just an immense honour. Yes, it’s a very difficult period, but there have been lots of difficult periods in the BBC’s life. What matters to me is to work in an environment where I’m intellectually stimulated, where I work with people who challenge and support me, and to do something that really matters.”

The full article may be seen here-  January 2010

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print