Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Radio Microphones (Read 8950 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Radio Microphones
Jul 10th, 2013, 10:16am

"Broadcast Engineering" discuses the latest Radio Microphone techniques and facilities.

The article concentrates on the use of radio mics in TV.

"The latest generation of wireless mics has drawn on advances in computing, networking and digital audio processing to offer an even more reliable signal — one with a resolution that melds with high-definition visuals provided by new cameras. What are these characteristics, how do they help, and in what ways are they adapted to the needs of today’s camera operator?

The key word in all of these advances is digital. Within the past couple years, almost all manufacturers of wireless microphones have introduced one or more systems using digital transmission and processing, along with expanded frequency agility and networking capabilities. The transition from analog to digital provides a myriad of benefits."

It is written by Gary Parks.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Douglas
YaBB Newbies

Derbyshire
Re: Radio Microphones
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2019, 9:39pm

I remember working on Blue Peter, 1970's a man would turn up with several brown wooden boxes, and set up a series of Radio Mics !

IP Logged

double-vision

I Love YaBB 2!
Scotland
Re: Radio Microphones
Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2019, 1:28pm

I can remember as an audio assistant back in 1966 pushing, sorry tracking, a "specially-built" wooden cart alongside the camera dolly up and down Princes Street Gardens in Edinburgh during a recording of the White Heather Club whilst the great George Chisholm played trombone. The cart was equipped with 3 radio mic receivers that looked like they might have been supplied by Proops or somesuch from Totenham Court Road. It all worked somehow!
Dave.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print