Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Did you know or work with Clifford Richardson? (Read 4974 times)
EmC
YaBB Newbies

Moved to New Zealand
Did you know or work with Clifford Richardson?
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:22pm

Did you know Clifford Richardson or work with him - a tall Yorkshire man (later days had a beard and glasses).

Hello,

I'm an ex-bbc'er (wasn't there for very long) but tried and failed to find anything about my grandfather who worked for the Beeb from 1964(ish) to 1989 when he passed away.

There's all sorts of versions of what he did - floor manager, boom operator, lighting man... scene shifter!

I don't really mind knowing what he actually did but i would love to know about stories and photos of him that may be in someone's photo album.

I was at the Beeb from 2003-2004 on a training scheme. I met some of his old colleagues on the set of Eastenders and Judge John Deeds (i was working on the prog at the time).

It was wonderful knowing that so many people still remembered him.

Did you know him? Did you work with him? Do you have any stories or photos of you and him together? If so i would love to hear from you.

I remember that he took me around the BBC when i was 7/8 back in 1986. I met some of the Production team and remember vaguely the models, the drafting studios - in 2003 they were green rooms! Very sad. I know i met some staff - i was shown the set of Record Breakers whilst a man was painting the floor.

My family are very closed about who he was. He was my champion and even though he died 23 years ago a day never goes by that i think of him.

Thank you for reading Smiley Emma

IP Logged

P.C.
YaBB Newbies

Re: Did you know or work with Clifford Richardson?
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2016, 6:46pm

HI Emma I worked on many shoes with Cliff, he was a intelligent gentle giant.
Apart from being   a black cabby and central London tour guide he was the all round professional.
Before his terrible accident, he was due to go to JERSEY on Bersherac
I don't know if that is the wright spelling.
I hope this helps in some way, he was sadly missed.
Paul.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print