Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
R4 reception (cont.) (Read 6682 times)
stephenj
YaBB Newbies

R4 reception (cont.)
Aug 27th, 2012, 4:51pm

Any help from experts would be hugely welcome. For some time we have been happily listening to R4 via the Internet: either directly on PCs or with an Internet radio. But of late the feed drops out for shorter or longer periods both on the PC and the Internet radio. I am totally computer innumerate but it occurs to me that it might be a question of inadequate bandwidth from my ISP? In fact we have two separate ISPs and the dropout is much worse on one compared with the other, though that one too will turn itself off sometimes. Forgive my complete ignorance.

IP Logged

david en france

Old Whittington, Derbyshire.
Re: R4 reception (cont.)
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2012, 9:02pm

Depends where you are. What country? What ISP, how many users on your line  (we are in a hamlet of four but  find our 12 megabyte variable when neighbours are likely to be surfing) and, finally, on what gear you are using but we find R4 more likely to drop out than Classic FM and make sure your other wifi appliances are off. PM me for comparisons in detail. We are in Central Brittany.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print