Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
t.v.slinger (Read 7529 times)
roy argyle
YaBB Newbies

t.v.slinger
Sep 4th, 2013, 10:31am

Has anyone heard of t.v.slingers, if so who supplies them and could they be used to send uk t.v. to far flung places on broadband, in the event of the footprint of the new satellite being to small

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: t.v.slinger
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2013, 3:40pm

Roy,
Are you perhaps referring to the "Slingbox" devices, which I believe enable you to watch TV "remotely" by encoding the video/sound and sending it out as an IP stream?
http://uk.slingbox.com/

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Howard G

Re: t.v.slinger
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2013, 7:23am

Hi Roy
Have seen you have been trying to Skype me but have been busy.
I used to have a Slingbox for two years here in Cape Town. The Base unit was in Essex. Worked OK but now I find a better method re quality and catch up etc.
I use a VPN (available for less than 5 pds a month which makes me look as if I am in the UK).I then watch BBCI Player, ITV Player, Ch 4 etc using an Apple TV box to put it on my Samsung TV. I use an Ipad/ Iphone to control it on the TV.  Quality is excellent in HD when available.  Catch up never buffers and Live very rarely. Very often watch it straight on the Ipad where ever I am
Skype me later Thursday/ Friday before 3pm your time or leave your Skype on Do you have Facetime which is better.  Yes I do pay a BBC Licence
Can you PM me you email address

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print