Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taste and Standards at The BBC (Read 1962 times)
david en france

Old Whittington, Derbyshire.
Taste and Standards at The BBC
Jan 27th, 2011, 10:25pm

I watched last night's repeat of Sunday's Top Gear with increasing horror as JC drove a 4x4 with a tattooist carrying out an operation on a customer in the rear, repeating it in another to show how a bumpier ride left the "customer" bleeding and disfigured.    It was, for me, one of the most tasteless and superfluous pieces of television I have ever witnessed, even from this crew.   Then tonight I read the story at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-12303272 which I invite you to see.   In short, the producers get 20 dogs crapping in a street in an effort to show how council cuts will effect services. I don't know of a council which cleans up dog mess anyway so what does that prove?  I echo the quote of MP Stephen Hammond in the story:"This is an outrageous piece of scaremongering by the BBC and compromises their editorial integrity."  Where has all the common sense gone?   Just who is editorial director of such a shambles?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print