Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone worked on the 1966 World Cup Coverage (Read 5347 times)
bbc.co.uk historyofthebbc
YaBB Newbies

Anyone worked on the 1966 World Cup Coverage
Jan 19th, 2011, 5:11pm

Hello,

Anyone out there who worked on the BBC 1966 World Cup coverage at the time?

Also does anyone know of any senior BBC Sport management figures who were responsible for the planning of the coverage?

The team at www.bbc.co.uk/historyofthebbc would like to get in touch.
Many thanks!  
John Escolme

IP Logged

engineer
YaBB Newbies

Re: Anyone worked on the 1966 World Cup Coverage
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2011, 8:36pm

Given the e-mail address, I'm assuming that these requests are posted on behalf of the BBC, or at least with BBC sanction.

Given that the BBC does not seem to have relaxed its attitude to allowing Ariel to be carried on the forum, I can't help harbouring a feeling that this is on the mickey-taking side of being cheeky.

Here's a suggestion for you John (and apols to the Administrator): if you want to use the good citizens of this forum as programme researchers, how about the BBC returning the compliment, and letting us have Ariel back?

IP Logged

Roundabout

Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2011, 10:21am

Totally agree Engineer..........again a chance for the BBC to recognise our Retired Knowledge Base is worth a gesture of goodwill at least!

IP Logged

Mikej

Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2011, 5:50pm

Yes sort of if you include Radio Wood Lane in what is now the Spur!

I must say I tend to agree with other posters. Various Pensioners Association meetings etc (and offers of old photos etc) have tried to get BBC interested in preserving technical memories but to no real effect unless it is political stuff at Caversham (how long will that last as CAV gets minimised?)

What would we do without all the "private" web pages that exist out there with oodles of old BBC bits and pieces and memories?

Mike

IP Logged

bbc.co.uk historyofthebbc
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2011, 3:27pm

engineer wrote on Jan 19th, 2011, 8:36pm:
Given the e-mail address, I'm assuming that these requests are posted on behalf of the BBC, or at least with BBC sanction.

Given that the BBC does not seem to have relaxed its attitude to allowing Ariel to be carried on the forum, I can't help harbouring a feeling that this is on the mickey-taking side of being cheeky.

Here's a suggestion for you John (and apols to the Administrator): if you want to use the good citizens of this forum as programme researchers, how about the BBC returning the compliment, and letting us have Ariel back?

Dear Everyone,
I didn't know about the problems with Ariel, I can look into this for you. Perhaps you'd rather I did not post here. Thanks for everyone's help though. All the best, John.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print