Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TA32 Dec 1968 (Read 11801 times)
alanh
YaBB Newbies

TA32 Dec 1968
Mar 31st, 2010, 5:07pm

A few years ago, I came across my ETD Course Photo of TA32.  I've tried finding it frequently since and cannot.  It also seems to be missing on the various BBC "old boys" websites.
Firstly does anyone have one?  Secondly is there anybody reading this who was on it?  I was also on a C ENG TV course around 1972/3 (following my Colour Conversion course!) but cannot remember the number but again I cannot find it on any of the same sites.  I think the Part 1 was around C52 but could be wrong.  Similar question, does anybody know where I can find the photos or were you on it!
Alan Hyndman from Belfast, based BBC Belfast

IP Logged

Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
Re: TA32 Dec 1968
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2010, 5:55pm

Hello Alan,
I went to London BH Comms from TA32, forgot what C course I took.  Moved to Wales in 1978, and then onto Brum in 1983.  Took Redundancy and retired when they insisted on moving us out of Pebble Mill!

I note someone in this forum managed to get a course photo out of Wood Norton.

I did get the details of TA32 from someone there, I'll try to dig out the name and see if I can get the photo!

Richard Taylor

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

alanh
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2010, 6:53pm

Hi Richard
Yes, I remember the name. Did you drive a van then?
I went to Belfast, started in what was then called Teelerecording, did some Vision Control in Studio and OBs but returned to VT and became a VT Editor.  Did a spell as Picture Unit Manager - we amalgamated Film Unit and OPs to form one unit.  At my 25 year mark I was made Redundant!  However have moved onto  IT type things but hopefully another year or two and I'll put my feet up.
Is it you who has a few photographs about e.g. who is the guy in the middle a PM?

IP Logged

Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2010, 11:13am

Hi Alan,

Yes, I had a green Ford Anglia van.  Bought for £65 - all of my redundancy pay from AEI, Manchester!  One week, on Friday I think, I used the garage facility at Wood Norton to repair the brakes!

And yes, that's me asking who the guy in the middle is!

Richard
email : richard_taylor01spam@filteryahoo.co.uk

(remove spam and filter)

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

F.M.

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2010, 10:27am

Alan.
Have a look at the History section.
There are details of sites which have old Wood Norton course photos, e-mail addy's and other stuff.

IP Logged

alanh
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2017, 9:50pm

In just over a weeks time we will be "celebrating" the 49th anniversary of the start of TA 32.  I believe it was 29th Dec but cannot think what happened over the New Years Bank Holiday. Certainly we didn't get home!

Is there anyone reading this who was on the course?  I see the occasional "Dickie Mint" email still.  Are you the only one?

IP Logged

Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2017, 1:28pm

Think I am!  This is not a well publicised site, so don't think many ex BBC staff know of it!

I regret I never kept in touch with anyone on TA32, so do not know where anyone went or how they're doing.

Dan Smith and Roger Garner joined me in London Comms and stayed whilst I moved on to Wales.

I did contact Wood Norton for dates of my course. This is what their records show for me:
TA Course 32 Group G Part 1 : 30/12/1968 - 21.2.1969
TA Course 32 Comms Part 2 : 24/2/1969 - 18/4/1969
C Course 78 Part 1 - no dates!
C Course 82 Part 2

There's always the possibility of a mention in the letters in Prospero and I'm not sure what the BBCPA has in the way of Forums, etc.

A enjoyable Christmas and New Year to you and yours, Alan.

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print