Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jimmy Kingsbury ? (Read 10664 times)
Leo_T
Ex Member

Jimmy Kingsbury ?
Apr 8th, 2007, 9:42pm

Looking for information about Jimmy Kingsbury who was presentation editor of Radio 1 & 2  in the 1970s.
He was my host when I visited Broadcasting House in November 1979. I remember him fondly.

IP Logged

john-westbury
Ex Member

Re: Jimmy Kingsbury ?
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2007, 4:26pm

Although I'm not 100% sure, I do seem to remember hearing that Jimmy had died by the early 90's. I left BH in 1996 and hadn't seen him for many years at that stage (I'd worked with him in Continuity for many years during the 70's so was familiar with him).  He would certainly be a very good age (80+) were he still alive!
Should you wish better information, you might try contacting Alan Dedicoat at the Beeb (alan.dedicoat@bbc.co.uk) who holds the position that JK used to be in.

IP Logged

Cornish
YaBB Newbies

Re: Jimmy Kingsbury ?
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2010, 1:34pm

Re. Jimmy Kingsbury
He did indeed die a few years ago now, but I am in contact with his widow, Kathy, who was an SM at BH. I visit her in my capacity of Volunteer Visitor for the BBC Pensions Scheme. She lives near Lands End and is quite well and very cheerful. I could initiate a contact if desired.

Quote:
Looking for information about Jimmy Kingsbury who was presentation editor of Radio 1 & 2  in the 1970s.
He was my host when I visited Broadcasting House in November 1979. I remember him fondly.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print