Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Julian Clapham (Read 145 times)
J_French
YaBB Newbies

Droitwich
Julian Clapham
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:58am

Hi everybody,

I have just joined this forum, so please be gentle with me!

I have been asked to write an obituary for Julian Clapham, who died on 5 April 2024 and who I worked with on the GTC Council for many years.

Unfortunately, I never worked with him as a cameraman and am trying to piece together his history at BBC TC, HTV West and elsewhere. Can anybody help me with dates, tributes, memories or photos?

I have his TO13 and STO20 course photos, though the STO20 one is very low-resolution.

Celebration of the life of Julian Clapham

Please join us on Thursday 2 May at 2 pm to celebrate Julian’s life at the Big Barn, Folly Farm Centre, Stowey, Pensford BS39 4DW
========
This will be a Quaker celebration, based on silence, to which anyone who wishes may contribute. This could be a memory, a thought, a prayer or other helpful words.

Website for directions: https://www.follyfarm.org/get-in-touch
When you arrive, please let the car park attendants know if you need to park close to the venue. Otherwise, there is a short walk uphill to the Big Barn.

If you would like to donate to Parkinsons’s UK in Julian’s memory you may do this on the day or at https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/get-involved/give-memory

Please don’t feel you need to wear black.

It would be helpful to know if you can come and whether you have any special dietary needs. Please email his widow, Jennifer at jenmagna21@googlemail.com

Thank you. James French (ex Camera Supervisor, Pebble Mill)

jkfrench2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print