Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chris Paling (Read 332 times)
Roger Beckwith
YaBB Newbies

Chris Paling
Mar 4th, 2024, 3:16pm

Chris (1956-2024) was the loving and much-loved husband of Julie. A talented writer, Chris was a published author of nine novels and two non-fiction books. He had a BBC career of 31 years as an SM,  later as a producer of, among other programmes, ‘Midweek’. He also worked for years in the Jubilee Library in Brighton, and wrote a book ”Reading Allowed” based on his experiences. Chris and Julie moved to Ovingdean in 2020, and loved its views and the community. He became interested in art when he retired and his skill as a painter grew until his death. Chris held an exhibition of his art at Christmas 2022 and his pictures will be shown this May in the Artists’ Open House at the Village Hall. (Adapted from a notice in the "Ovingdean Newsletter")

IP Logged

david en france

Old Whittington, Derbyshire.
Re: Chris Paling
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2024, 7:08pm

I have a feeling I was on a management course with Chris at Wood Norton in the early 90s. There was something special about that course, we all admired each other. But regardless of that, Chris's story is typical of so many in the snakes and ladders of the Corporation's  career story.  Dedication and professionalism pays off whether or not you went to Oxbridge. I am sad that Chris pre deceased me.  I give his family my sincere condolences in the context of a unique comradeship.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print