Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC new Birmingham base - The Tea Factory (Read 339 times)
Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
BBC new Birmingham base - The Tea Factory
Feb 2nd, 2024, 1:35pm

Fellow Pebble Millers will, no doubt, join me in my extreme annoyance in reading this PR blurb about construction starting on the new 'Tea Factory' base in Brum.

We had a full production centre at Pebble Mill! The London mandarins at the time didn't like production coming from anywhere except London. So forced a move to the shoebox. (The mailbox being much smaller)

And this:

Quote:
Tim Davie, BBC Director-General, says: “This is a significant step, not just for the BBC, but for invigorating the wider creative industries in the Midlands. We are transforming The Tea Factory into a world-class state of the art production facility which will benefit the region for generations to come.

“Digbeth will deliver world-class programmes, be a centre for excellence and bring investment and new opportunities to one of the most vibrant parts of the country.”

Hayley Valentine, Head of BBC Midlands, says: “Our new home in Digbeth will be an outstanding creative, productive and sustainable space where our teams can come together to do their best work. We are working with partners across the region, creating a new talent pipeline, making great programmes and delivering fantastic services, so we are confident that Digbeth is a future epicentre for TV, film, radio and much more.”

The BBC is investing to support the relocation of independent production companies including Spun Gold TV who will move out of London to a new Digbeth-based production office bringing BBC Daytime format Garden Rescue with them.

All those cuts to save the Licence Fee payer from paying more? To subsidise huge profit making indies?

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

david en france

Old Whittington, Derbyshire.
Re: BBC new Birmingham base - The Tea Factory
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2024, 12:21pm

Dickie, you don't have to be a Pebble Miller to be annoyed. Just one of so many serious annoyances to me. They are throwing it all away. Radio, TV, World Service....the whole thing. Or at least, what WE would  have called the BBC.  Smiley

IP Logged

John

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: BBC new Birmingham base - The Tea Factory
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2024, 2:08pm

It seems to me that all that matters these days is iPlayer

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print