Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Neil Eccles (Read 897 times)
JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Neil Eccles
Nov 1st, 2023, 6:34pm

Chris Jones reports ...
"sad to report that my good friend Neil Eccles passed away last Wednesday at his home in Lymington.   Neil will be remembered by many with whom he worked during a long and distinguished career with the BBC -  in particular by those involved with OB’s."

[This is extracted from the BBC Alumni Network group on Facebook]

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

david en france

Old Whittington, Derbyshire.
Re: Neil Eccles
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2023, 6:08pm

A truly lovely man. A giant in every sense. A great TV OB Producer, yachtsman and friend, even to a Radio OB rival. He did all the big jobs, faultlessly. I knew he had been ill for a long time with cancer, but I was following his exercise programme on Strava and it became clear that things were not going well when the Strava app reported trips in a wheelchair. Rest in peace, Neil.

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: Neil Eccles
Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2023, 12:42pm

Supplied by Chris Jones (on Facebook)

Those who knew or worked with him might like to know that Neil Eccles' funeral will take place tomorrow, 29th November at 1300.  
The service will provide an opportunity to remember Neil and to celebrate his life, and will be streamed on https://watch.obitus.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Pzk6Ng_Kn5EJtBbYIK2htR-tswHtN8FP_gm3mDvQvR...

The username to log in is: sara3858. The password is: 593133

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print