Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Neil Eccles (Read 514 times)
JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Neil Eccles
Nov 1st, 2023, 6:34pm

Chris Jones reports ...
"sad to report that my good friend Neil Eccles passed away last Wednesday at his home in Lymington. † Neil will be remembered by many with whom he worked during a long and distinguished career with the BBC - †in particular by those involved with OBís."

[This is extracted from the BBC Alumni Network group on Facebook]

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

david en france

Old Whittington, Derbyshire.
Re: Neil Eccles
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2023, 6:08pm

A truly lovely man. A giant in every sense. A great TV OB Producer, yachtsman and friend, even to a Radio OB rival. He did all the big jobs, faultlessly. I knew he had been ill for a long time with cancer, but I was following his exercise programme on Strava and it became clear that things were not going well when the Strava app reported trips in a wheelchair. Rest in peace, Neil.

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: Neil Eccles
Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2023, 12:42pm

Supplied by Chris Jones (on Facebook)

Those who knew or worked with him might like to know that Neil Eccles' funeral will take place tomorrow, 29th November at 1300. †
The service will provide an opportunity to remember Neil and to celebrate his life, and will be streamed on https://watch.obitus.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Pzk6Ng_Kn5EJtBbYIK2htR-tswHtN8FP_gm3mDvQvR...

The username to log in is: sara3858. The password is: 593133

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print