Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scribble Experiment 1970 Pat Dowling, Bill Watters (Read 775 times)
Colin_W
YaBB Newbies

Scribble Experiment 1970 Pat Dowling, Bill Watters
Feb 1st, 2023, 11:19pm

My farther William (Bill) Watters (TM2 Lighting) worked for the BBC for 28 years until 1975. 

I would like to ask if any members know about a program, pilot or ?? called the Scribble Experiment

I have a note of thanks to my father for his work on "this experiment" from a Vision Organiser "E. G. Dann". This was written 17th March 1970. It mentions Pat Dowling who I believe was the producer of Vision On and other similar programs around this time.

The subject field of the letter refers to: "Scribble Experiment : 14.3.70 TC3"

From other letters I think 14.3.70 is the date it was recorded. "TC" is presumably Televison Centre as that's where he worked. Also Lime Grove.

The letter also says "if this production comes into the schedule"... so perhaps it was just a pilot that didn't make it or it got renamed?

Any info welcome!

IP Logged

Bill Jenkin

Re: Scribble Experiment 1970 Pat Dowling, Bill Watters
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2023, 9:02am

Colin - I have posted your query to an email group of ex-tech ops who (me included) worked with your father at that time. I don't remember such an experiment but others might.
Bill Jenkin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print