Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"WARSHIP" BBC TV series in the 1970s (Read 4497 times)
Maggie

London W11
"WARSHIP" BBC TV series in the 1970s
Mar 28th, 2020, 6:53pm

A young man called Alex Moore (a dot moore one hundred at ymail dot com)  contacted me because he is putting together a book on the TV series of WARSHIP, which the BBC Broadcast during the 1970s. I was able to help with some of his questions, but he is struggling to find good bone fide information, and would very much appreciate any links or assistance from ex staff. Many thanks Maggie

IP Logged

apcwmwl

Re: "WARSHIP" BBC TV series in the 1970s
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2020, 10:47am

Hi Maggie. Can one assume that your friend has done a little research already? A simple search brings up Wikipaedia page & a IDMB resource including references to 3 DVD set and loads more.
Try google search "bbc "Warship" series 1973"

apcwmwl  
IP Logged

Maggie

London W11
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2020, 1:43pm

Thank you so much for your response, and yes Alex has done all that. The series was a victim of that era's economy, tape wiping etc. We're told that the Netherlands loved the programme and there may be some material to be had there. Meanwhile some ex BBC Production people on the Facebook page have been very helpful. Best wishes,

IP Logged

roy argyle
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2020, 11:04am

l
Looking at the trailer for series one , the real ship used was H.M.S Phoebe a Leander class frigate.
He could try contacting a Navy staff magazine to see if any retired crew members can recall the filming

IP Logged

Maggie

London W11
Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2020, 11:16am

Many thanks, I worked on some of the programmes, we used several ships. I put Alex in touch with the Poole Naval people who have archives and were very proud to be associated with the programme so I'm sure he will get added leads from them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print