Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newsgathering, Traffic, and News Software (Read 1667 times)
Martin_C
YaBB Newbies

Newsgathering, Traffic, and News Software
Dec 24th, 2019, 11:54am

Wanted please: some factual historical information about Newsgathering, intake and software.

(1) How many staff on duty on a typical shift in BH Traffic answering incoming calls from correspondents? Which year did BH and Bush Traffic each start (presumably only with telephone lines or music circuits as options at first; but later [DATE?] ISDN and [DATE?] web streaming), and when were they amalgamated?

(2) Which start and finish years were BASYS, ENPS systems used from and to; and when were Open Media, and ViLor first used?

(3) Which year was facilities management outsourced?

(4) Am I correct in recalling that LR Engineering was outsourced in the late 1990s?

(I ask these questions to clarify factual points in a book I’m writing abut the cultural history of radio in Britain. I’ve worked as a journo in BBC Local Radio since 1983 so I know the LR side, but not Network. These days I divide my time between academic work and freelance newsreading shifts. More info at https://prefadelisten.com/)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards, Martin.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print