Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clarkson and the Islington 7. (Read 2414 times)
Burstner55
Ex Member

Clarkson and the Islington 7.
Jan 8th, 2019, 1:44pm

Never will like the bloke but I do like what he says about his former employer in today's Times (paywall).

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: Clarkson and the Islington 7.
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2019, 10:54am

So, are you going to keep those of us who don't read that paper in suspenders?  Smiley Smiley

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Burstner55
Ex Member

Re: Clarkson and the Islington 7.
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2019, 5:10pm

Sorry. because of the paywall I can't cut and paste but basically what he said in some typical humour was that political correctness rules, no male should think of applying for a job, Nick Robinson's interview for QT was "a waste of petrol" and the audience (for all TV) is now comprised of seven people in Islington. Actually, a scrutiny of the Christmas viewing stats showing how few people are watching, even on timeshift, means he isn't far from the truth!   I thought that with just a few exceptions the output was dismal and hardly any programme was watched in our family circle. As for Luther.....unbelievable levels of gratuitous violence leading to an early OFF !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print