Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carrie Gracie deal (Read 1777 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Carrie Gracie deal
Jun 29th, 2018, 11:08am

The BBC and Carrie Gracie have reached an agreement to resolve their differences.

This, from the BBC Media Centre.

This, from The Guardian, "The BBC and its former China editor, Carrie Gracie, have reached an agreement over their gender pay dispute, and Gracie will donate the resulting back pay to charity, the broadcaster has said.

The BBC apologised for underpaying Grace and said it acknowledged “the specific circumstances” relating to her appointment and “has now put this right”."

This BBC news report says that Carrie will donate "the full, undisclosed amount" to the Fawcett Society, which is a charity that campaigns for gender equality and women's rights. Carrie said "This is a huge day for me. I love the BBC. It's been my work family for more than 30 years and I want it to be the best. Sometimes families feel the need to shout at each other, but it's always a relief when you can stop shouting. "

Finally, in a Tweet, Carrie said

"Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me on this long hard road. I'm home."

Carrie's web-site is here.

Carrie's "Twitter bio" describes her as

"Ex- BBC China Editor".

Any chance she might return to 'HER' post after her six-month break?
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2018, 12:56pm by Administrator »  

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print