Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"from other local news sources" (Read 2039 times)
Burstner55
Ex Member

"from other local news sources"
Sep 24th, 2016, 4:47pm

I just cut and pasted this from the BBC South news page today.  I would love to know why someone thinks this should be on the BBC Internet News pages?  And what would the two individuals, Monty and Tony,  whose death notices were posted in the Romsey Advertiser think if they knew they are now internationally famous?
(quoting)
From other local news sites
M3 car fire: Vauxhall Zafira bursts into flames near Farnborough junction
Get Hampshire
Breaking Man fighting for his life after 'falling from a height'
Southern Daily Echo
PICTURES: Riders get on their bikes in mass cycling event
Southern Daily Echo
MP calls for 'highest standard' of housing at major new development in Basingstoke
Basingstoke Gazette
ANTHONY HERDING HERDING Anthony Robert (Tony) Passed away peacefully after several illnesses patiently borne on 13th September 2016 aged 83 years. Loving Husband, Father and Grandfather. ---------- Funeral Service to be held at Southampton Crematorium Eas
Romsey Advertiser
MONTY SNELLGROVE SNELLGROVE Monty Passed away peacefully after a short illness on 17th September 2016 aged 75 years. Reunited with his beloved wife Linda. Adored father, grandfather and great grandfather. ---------- Funeral Service to be held at All Saint
Romsey Advertiser  (unquote)

Of course, this is a serious issue in which the BBC is being made to compensate local news media for stealing their trade  (my words) but is it really where the Beeb should be heading?   And who judges just what should be repeated and what should be left out. Often the quoted "stories" are restaurant reviews or even "property of the week" which I find highly suspicious and open to question.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print