Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Paying for UK TV Licence (Read 3614 times)
Howard G

Paying for UK TV Licence
Aug 25th, 2013, 1:16pm

What is the problem with checking on TV Licences.  I am in South Africa and every time I want to buy a TV I have to provide proof of Identity with my photo on it. (SA ID, British Passport, SA Driving Licence) to prove it is me. I then have to show a Utility Bill in my name for the address on the Licence and a Rates Bill with the same address.  If I haven't got that then I have to purchase a TV Licence before I can leave the shop with the TV. Credit card has to tie up as well.Each year I get a reminder for renewal. If I don't pay up next time I want to buy a TV I have to pay all the outstanding amounts before I can leave the shop with the TV. Seems pretty simple to me.
Just had an ex BBC colleague over to his "Holiday House" after two years. Went to buy a new TV and had to pay 2 years pack Licences plus a new one. NO arguments.
Suppose I could get cash and buy it for him but that's a bit of a pain.
TV Licence here 53 pds sterling (app) but SABC TV really are the pits (If you want a laugh on  UTUBE  search ANN7 to see what SA Rolling news is like. The answer Multichoice at 60 quid a month but is full of repeats etc.
Personally I use Iplayer with AppleTV which is great. Oh yes I do pay a Licence in the UK

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print