Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alan Mackim (Read 3811 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Alan Mackim
Mar 1st, 2013, 12:12pm

Alan Mackim, long-serving Senior Duty Editor in the Bush newsroom, has died.

Alan had been diagnosed with MS in his 40s and by the time he retired from WS was wheel-chair bound.  After retiring, he became Chairman of Age UK, Norfolk, and retired from that position after he turned 80.  He was also a trustee of Norfolk Coalition of Disabled People.

He died on Thursday, February 28, in a hospice in Norwich.

Funeral details to follow.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2013, 9:31am by Administrator »  

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Re: Alan Mackim
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2013, 11:38pm

Alan's daughter, Susan Simpson, has provided the following information:

The funeral  service will be at 12.30pm on Tuesday 19th March 2013,  at Woodland Hall, Colney Wood Burial Ground, Watton Road, Colney, Norwich NR4 7TY and afterwards at  at the Assembly Rooms (Music Room), Theatre St, Norwich NR2 1RQ,  

No flowers please but donations if desired to be shared between Age UK Norfolk and Macmillan Cancer Support may be given at the service or sent C/o & payable to W C Littleproud & Son (Donation A/c), Family Funeral Directors, Hale Road, Bradenham IP25 7RA

There will be a private family committal at Earlham crematorium immediately after the Colney Wood service, and we will meet you at the Assembly Rooms.

Alan had asked me, that if any his colleagues had any memories of "Friday evenings", that you should let me know. I must say, that as his daughter, I am not entirely sure if I should know about this ... but it will be interesting to find out and I am sure there will be an innocent explanation!  ...  All replies in the strictest confidence !

In order that I can get a rough idea of numbers, would you kindly let me know if you would like to attend on the 19th March via email address:
alanmackim.chatters(insert the @ symbol here)googlemail.com

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print