Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Morecambe and Wise crew 1968-1977 (Read 11846 times)
RichardW
YaBB Newbies

Morecambe and Wise crew 1968-1977
May 23rd, 2012, 9:09am

Hello!

My name is Richard Ward and I'm currently working on a new TV documentary about Morecambe and Wise, and I'm trying to trace any crew members who worked on the show from 1968-1977.

I have already been in touch with several production members such as Wayne Mottershead, Howard Michaels and Bobby Warans, and I am now trying to contact others. In particular anyone who worked on production design, make-up, costume, music, VT or choreography.

I understand that after many years, memories can be somewhat hazy, but if anyone would like to share their experiences, or point me in the direction of those that would, then please do get in touch.    

Many thanks!

Richard Ward

IP Logged

RichardW
YaBB Newbies

Re: Morecambe and Wise crew 1968-1977
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2012, 10:44am

One particular member of the crew I'd like to trace would be the VT editor who worked on cutting together the 'There is nothing like a dame' routine for the 1977 Christmas special.

Once again, any assistance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Richard Ward

IP Logged

RichardW
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2012, 10:59am

As part of the series we would love to feature any behind-the-scenes photographs of The Morecambe & Wise Show that might exist (camera crew in shot etc).

Apparently some were taken by official BBC stills photographers during that time. If anyone could assist with that, please do get in touch.

Many Thanks!

Richard Ward

IP Logged

Dave Ross
YaBB Newbies

Manchester
Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2012, 10:17am

Hi, I am Dave Ross and was on crew 16 with Ken Major as Senior Cameraman. Eric would always come over to us and ask why we had not laughed at the piece we rehearsed. I had to tell him, often, that we were also had to rehearse and listen to the Director in one ear while we listened to the floor with the other.
The Audience figures were always huge but the Xmas special that gained 28 Million viewers will never be forgotton.
The whole crew became firm friends with both of them and Eddie Braben the famous Script Writer who made them the stars!

IP Logged

IanW
YaBB Newbies

Watford
Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2013, 4:39pm

I was assistant VT Editor (we called it "play-in man") on the last BBC Christmas show in 1977 . The editor was Stan Pow. The "dame" song and dance was prerecorded and edited to be played into the main recording. The editor of that bit was Peter Francis.

IP Logged

Stephen Games
YaBB Newbies

Muswell Hill
Reply #5 - Jul 5th, 2014, 10:03pm

I worked as a design assistant on the show in the summer of 1977, on a summer-holiday temporary job after graduating from Cambridge. Anne or Anna Ridley may have been i/c Props. Do you have the names of the set designers?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print