Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This year's pension increase... (Read 8730 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

This year's pension increase...
Jan 17th, 2012, 12:06pm

...will be 4.8 per cent.  That's the December RPI figure, just published, which is used to calculate the increase from April.

RPI in November was 5.2 per cent but it fell in December - apparently because of a drop in retail and fuel prices.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

WG

Hitchin
Re: This year's pension increase...
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2012, 12:52pm

Although on the surface a slight disapointment--note that inflation and living costs overall are likely to tumble over the next few months.
In addition to the 2011 VAT hike of january 2011 coming out of the RPI index next month, look out for the actuality of declining -rather than rising energy prices, plus another zero rise in council tax, car insurance moderated and welcome high st retail competition with much better "on line" deals everywhere and DON'T FORGET the scheduled rise in the committed basic tax thresholds for each single tax payer coming in april.

I do wonder though what the rise for BBC staff will be this year?  anyone care to guess?

Mr Playlist

IP Logged

double-vision

I Love YaBB 2!
Scotland
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2012, 1:23pm

Continuing employment perhaps.

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2012, 10:53pm

Did I blink - or perhaps I'm in the wrong place, but in my bit of the UK fuel prices are still rising, and I can't say I noticed any less money flowing from my wallet to Messrs Tesco, etc., around the back end of last year. But then someone somewhere must be paying less for something which I don't buy ... gas perhaps (we don't have any such supply; I guess heating oil can't be counted as town/city dwellers all have gas supplies - and they must form the basis of the "shopping basket" brigade!).
Oh well .... !!

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print