Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TFS Ealing Staff (Read 18745 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

TFS Ealing Staff
Oct 24th, 2009, 1:07pm

Camera, grip, sound? Speed? whatever.. here's your place.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

reithian
YaBB Newbies

Re: TFS Ealing Staff
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2010, 8:54pm

Administrator wrote on Oct 24th, 2009, 1:07pm:
Camera, grip, sound? Speed? whatever.. here's your place.

As the first member from Ealing Film Studios to post on this forum I look forward to any news of the Crews and backroom boys and girls.

The New Blue Book is a lively Forum but it is nice to get back into the main body of the BBC and remember the people we worked and lived with on location.

The Production, Makeup, Costume, Scenery and Props departments staff and all the people from other departments that made up the greatest public broadcasting organisation in the World

IP Logged

Howard G

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2010, 7:15am

Yes I agree. The NewBlueBook is excellent but only covers a small section of people you worked at/for TFS

IP Logged

Richard Merrick
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2010, 9:28pm

Just to clarify a small point for those readers who are mystified by the "NewBlueBook" references in this thread.
NewBlueBook is an email forum, run along similar lines to this one but using Yahoo Groups as its host, that caters exclusively for former members of the BBC Film Dept.
I am the "owner" of the Group and we currently have around 285 subscribers.
ANYONE from whatever craft discipline or management who at some point was on the Film Dept establishment is more than welcome to join our happy band.
Do feel free to email me directly should you need more information.

IP Logged

JohnFilm
YaBB Newbies

Godalming
Reply #4 - May 19th, 2015, 2:41pm

Yes I should like to join, though I cannot seem to find anyone I used to know listed under members  -  I have just joined this website and was a cameraman at TFS for many years

regards to all

John Baker

IP Logged

Stuart_N
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2016, 12:01pm

I'm the same John, this is my first post too.  I'm ex TFS too, but amongst other earlier things I went through the very lovely Ron Whatley's trainee assistant film editor school, then into the terrific editing department and onwards and upwards, what a wonderful experience with .... well, the best really, some wonderful people.  In fact I go back further than that and remember squatting down on the floor of the Red Lion literally seated at Huw Wheldon's knee listening to the Master at several of his boozy Hugely positive and productive Monitor production meeting/ lunch sassions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print