Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kendal Aveue (Read 30919 times)
dancing_queen
Ex Member

Kendal Aveue
Aug 3rd, 2006, 2:38pm

Anyone out there from Tel.OBs - Kendal Avenue.  Particularly anyone who worked there during the 70s and 80s.

IP Logged

blockley
Ex Member

Re: Kendal Aveue
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2006, 10:37am

I know plenty of people who worked at Kendal Avenue.
If you e mail "bbctelobians@yahoo.com" we could pursue the matter further.

CaroleBlockley

IP Logged

diamondlil
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2007, 11:53am

just read your message, I worked at KA from 1970 to 1991, you don't give any hint as to who you are but I would think you may remember me, I worked first for Roy Bertram and Geoff Dawe and went on to work in the Planning Office. Hope you log on again to receive this reply. Diamondlil!

IP Logged

jackyvi
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2007, 7:38pm

Hi Jan...Diamond I think that's who you are?? I'm Jacky Vincent and, if I'm right, how fab it would be to hear from you.

IP Logged

Martin_Perrett
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2008, 10:10am

Must be lots of us out there! So here is yet another site... www.kaobs.com still being constructed between other jobs. Intend to have a few galleries of photos, could have a few stories/articles and how about all those passes? Who mentioned outtakes....

IP Logged

Mikej

Kendal Avenue closing
Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2010, 12:14pm

Still pictures at http://www.bostonmanor.plus.com/exobcomms/ob_comms_start_page.html
though I may remove most of them soon to save webspace
If you haven't seen them before, have a last look

Mike

IP Logged

Phl1pt0p
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2012, 3:53pm

Every year on the first Saturday in December ex Kendal Avenue folk have the TelOBians get together. Please get in touch if you would like to be included.

IP Logged

RogerS
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2012, 12:49pm

And then there's lil ole me...Roger Sinden...1968 to 197..something or other when I went down to Wood Norton as a Lecturer.

TelOB's..best job I ever had!

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2012, 10:54am

Roger,
Would you remember one John King, who was lecturing to us "students" at WN around then?
I thought he went to Tel OBs but (sadly) have never heard more of him. He was a very joyous fellow ISTR.

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

GarethR
YaBB Newbies

Reply #9 - May 25th, 2012, 6:47pm

JohnW wrote on Apr 27th, 2012, 10:54am:
Roger,
Would you remember one John King, who was lecturing to us "students" at WN around then?
I thought he went to Tel OBs but (sadly) have never heard more of him. He was a very joyous fellow ISTR.

John King is very much on the scene.  Although retired from the BBC he still freelances as an EM for SiS Live.

IP Logged

RogerS
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - Oct 8th, 2013, 10:35pm

JohnW wrote on Apr 27th, 2012, 10:54am:
Roger,

How could I not forget 'Nudda'.... great bloke...

IP Logged

Roundabout

Reply #11 - Oct 9th, 2013, 8:36am

I remember John K from TA Course 16 at WN.....heavens , a lifetime ago!

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Reply #12 - Oct 9th, 2013, 9:18am

Firstly, my belated thanks to those who remembered John King. Never did hear from him though. Ah well: he probably wants to forget it all now - but if anyone sees him around, please offer him "Best Wishes from Tony Giles". He'll know!
The other WN instructor of that day was John(?) Hart - I think he may have been an Anzac, but he's equally gone off radar. Anyone here remember him?

And since folks around here appear to have their memory caps on(!) another fellow I'd like to know if anyone has connections with is "Chris White". He joined with myself, in '68 and although destined for LCR initially, he moved over to TV and I believe may have become a Floor Manager around the beginning of the 70s. I did hear that he may have gone over to Tel OBs, but that was (or may have been) just a rumour.
Quite a tall fellow (by my rather short-arsed standards anyway!), with thick curly blond-ish hair, as I recall. Really nice chap.

Of course I must add my condolences to all ex-Tel OBs folk, that the Beeb should so roundly sh1t on them after firstly forcing them to become part of SiSlive and then give them no credit for being best at the job, preferring that bastard Birt's dogma about "Cost before anything!"
I saw Andy Hame's plea to all to sign the petition which they want to take to Tony Hall to see whether there's any room for the ex-Beeb-ers to get some work in the forthcoming years. Especially in light of the sterling job they did for the Beeb Sports over the Olympics last year.

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Bill_M
YaBB Newbies

Reply #13 - Jul 29th, 2014, 12:26pm

I remember John King well as a lecturer at Wood Norton when I was on my TA course in 1968. He went on to become an EM at Tel OBs and I used to meet him regularly when he came to Scotland to EM the rugby at Murrayfield. I think he may have kept on doing this after his retirement.

IP Logged

Alan S Taylor
YaBB Newbies

Nr Banbury
Reply #14 - Aug 26th, 2015, 9:43am

Here's a quick hello from Alan Taylor ( Sound Supervisor ). I was at K.A. between 1968 and 1989 and remember most of the people named here, or who have said who they are.

Still freelancing, still being a pain in the arse, still enjoying life.

Always delighted to hear from anybody from that era. Happy days  Smiley

With regards to John King, when I joined the BBC he was one of my lecturers at Wood Norton. He came to ( or was it rejoined? ) KA shortly after I did and many years later we both worked together our first drama as heads of our respective departments. We went on to do many more dramas and always had a great deal of fun.  I've occasionally bumped into him freelancing, or even in the street in totally unexpected places.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print