Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The BBC Archive Status (Read 3091 times)
Joe West
Ex Member

The BBC Archive Status
Jul 16th, 2006, 2:14am

Just a quick enquiry as to the possible existence of BBC archival material that may not exist in the official archive.

As I am sure some of you are aware the Film and Videotape archive of the BBC is by no means complete there are vast amounts of programming that simply do not exist anymore. From Dixon of Dock Green to Z Cars and many more in between there are simply barrow loads of missing material. for further reference on this topic have a look at this web site -http://www.missing-episodes.com. When most of these programmes were produced the thought of commercial Video Tapes or DVD's were mere fantasy. No one could have fortold the future.

My plea now is to ask anyone out there who may possibly have any copies of this missing material to get in touch. That way maybe some of these unfortunate gaps could be filled. Even short clips of afore mentioned episodes would be of value not only that but any photographs, Telesnaps or even private 8 mm film would all be gladly accepted back into the official archive.

This would mean so much to so many fans of these programmes. You could have part of TV history in your hands. Please help restore it by contacting me at JOSEPH_WEST@BIGFOOT.COM and I will pass any information I recieve onto the appropriate people who can make sure the history of our television will be restored to its proper place as simply the best in the world.

IP Logged

Joe West
Ex Member

Re: The BBC Archive Status
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2006, 1:37am

To further expand on my above post I am mostly looking for any information on items from Doctor Who. Telesnaps,photos 8mm home video, scripts, Taped Interviews not least any form of Video or film especially from the William Hartnell or Patrick Troughton Era but also Jon Pertwee as well.

Any material recovered would be treated in complete confidence and any video or film would simply be borrowed to be copied and returned to you. No questions asked.

Please help in this search it would mean so much to thousands of people.

Please Email JOSEPH_WEST@BIGFOOT.COM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print