Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Payslip error (Read 7583 times)
david_france
Ex Member

Payslip error
Nov 28th, 2003, 12:13pm

I noticed recently that my Pension Pay Slip no longer showed a contribution to SPAGIS, the BBC’s excellent group accident insurance scheme.   On querying this with the Pensions Office in Cardiff I was told that – for some unknown reason – the contribution had been discontinued almost a year ago.   At this stage let me congratulate the Pensions Office staff for immediately taking steps at no cost to myself to ensure that cover was reinstated.   But the experience may serve as a warning to others to check their payslips carefully.  Those who have elected not to continue receiving pay slips should be especially concerned!    Incidentally, SPAGIS is one of the best bargains to come the way of a BBC pensioner, giving cheap accident insurance to pensioners and their families, including a generous death benefit, enabling us to make significant savings when taking out travel insurance etc.   David France (also written as a letter to Prospero)

IP Logged

Director_General
YaBB Newbies

Re: Payslip error
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2021, 6:30pm

Sadly the SPAGIS scheme is ending and we lose our cover - last contributions in March 2021

IP Logged

apcwmwl

Re: Payslip error
Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2021, 7:18pm

I had the letter today. Never had occasion to claim. Will Aviva no offer some sort of payment back for taking our contributions for so long? A vain hope!

apcwmwl  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print