Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC Digibox offer (Read 6948 times)
david_france
Ex Member

BBC Digibox offer
Nov 18th, 2002, 10:03pm

Cheesy      I have just received and successfully set up my fantastic digibox as advertised in Prospero  (30% discount for BBC pensioners) and I am am DEE lighted!
First, I was told by our local TV aerial people "You won't get a digital signal here, forget it",  Second, I bought it for use in my motorhome, anyway.  So it's a brilliant surprise to find that it works perfectly giving me Sky News, ITV2, Five Live in quality, Parliament etc etc and fantastic text services including detailed local weather forecasts.  All for £66 plus p+p !    So don't hang about, if you want freeview digital get ringing the number in Prospero before the offer expires!   Nice to know that being Ex Beeb still has some benefits!
David France, Flamborough Head.

IP Logged

TEDWIN  Ted Walford
Ex Member

Re: BBC Digibox offer
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2002, 7:34pm

Could you let me have the details of the digibox offer. I've just discovered that in spite of the post code, I can get an excellent signal using a borrowed box. Unfortunately I had given up and thrown away the details.

Tedwin

IP Logged

david_france
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2002, 12:42pm

Sorry, I have binned the copy of Prospero containing the contact details, Perhaps someone else has them opr else I suggest giving the Prospero office a ring.
(There was also an offer of a decent discount on certain magazine subscriptions - you might like to ask about that as well)
David France

IP Logged

pwhelan
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2002, 3:45pm

Does anybody out there know the telephone no of Prospero so I can phone re details of obtaining a Digibox for Freeview.

IP Logged

Baldrick
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2002, 1:15am

The phone number for the digi box is 0845 603 1054, McMillan UK Ltd and say you are a BBC pensioner. But when I tried about 10 days ago, they were sold out.  Cry

If that situation has changed please let me know. nick.jennings1@ntlworld.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print