Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC3 to return on air (a bit) (Read 1951 times)
Mikej

BBC3 to return on air (a bit)
Mar 2nd, 2021, 5:51pm

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2021, 7:05pm by Mikej »  

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: BBC3 to return on air (a bit)
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2021, 11:08am

Speaking personally, I'll be glad when this happens - since, as a grumpy 'old fart', I see it'll give the "Powers that be" no reason in future to put programmes intended for the audience that Three wants to attract, onto BBC One.

The question will surely be ... whether this channel will be available on all multiplexes carrying BBC programmes, with a secondary of 'what service will have to give way to provide capacity for the additional data necessary'?

Am I alone in finding that, with the 8 'domestic' TV channels our alma mater produces for its English audience, it's time that the various channel's 'audience profile' is properly examined and (yes) improved? For instance, even with CBBC and CBeebies (both very laudable services) was it necessary to use BBC 2 to carry even more programmes for "children or young adults" during their sojourn at home? Wouldn't that need have provided a better opportunity to publicise those programmes and to 'announce' the re-introduction of BBC Three to youngsters, not just as an educational channel but also an entertainment service for that evolving audience?

It's bad enough that they sometimes feel it necessary to move BBC One programmes onto BBC 2 (to allow some 'PM activity' to be screened on BBC One) but I feel that the programming now is so 'spread out' that frankly it's more confusing even than "Compare the M-a-a-a-a-a-r-ket"!!

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Delboy
YaBB Newbies

Re: BBC3 to return on air (a bit)
Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2021, 7:20pm

It's going to be sharing the same channel as CBBC, just like it used to.
The extended hours (7pm to 9pm) that CBBC were given on the closure BBC3 will be withdrawn to allow BBC3 on-air from 7pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print