Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
John Andrew (Read 3308 times)
George Eykyn
YaBB Newbies

John Andrew
Dec 1st, 2020, 11:30am

Very sadly, former BBC Local Government Correspondent John Andrew died on 24 November following a deterioration after a fall. John had suffered from dementia. His wife Sara and two daughters were at his bedside. The funeral will be on 16 December in Tunbridge Wells at 1130 am, and is likely to be web-streamed because of Covid limits on attendees.

John was a kind, gentle and highly professional colleague, calm, erudite, universally liked and respected. Among scores of tributes and condolences posted by former colleagues on Facebook was this, from Bill Hamilton:

"This is all so sad. I gave John his very first job in broadcasting when I was News Editor at Radio Tees way back in 1975. From the moment, he walked through the door, I realised this was someone very special. No matter how important or how trivial an assignment, you always knew John would come up with a polished performance. He was also the nicest person you could meet. always considerate of others feelings and offering a helping hand to any colleague in difficulty. I knew he would go on to bigger things and it was a real thrill and joy to see him progress through national radio, Thames TV and finally to the role he served so well at BBC TV News."

IP Logged

George Eykyn
YaBB Newbies

Re: John Andrew
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2020, 1:11pm

John's family have passed on details of the funeral service live webcast on 16th December at 11:30am.
Service Chapel Crematorium - Kent & Sussex Website https://www.obitus.com/
Username Roki4510
Password 154454
The recording will be up for 28 days afterwards as well.
Link to the order of service: https://online.flippingbook.com/view/347312/14/

John's family also say that any donations in his memory can be made payable to Alzheimers Research or Crossroads Care Kent, online via www.abbeyfs.co.uk or by post to Abbey Funeral Services Ltd, 173 High St, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1BX.
Further details at: www.JohnAndrew.Muchloved.com/donate

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print