Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ken (Kenneth) Nicholas (Read 1325 times)
Keith_N
YaBB Newbies

Ken (Kenneth) Nicholas
Oct 5th, 2020, 8:32pm

It is with great sadness that I must announce the death of my father Ken Nicholas. Ken died after a short illness of Covid 19 on 9th April at Frimley Park Hospital, he was 93.
Ken joined the BBC in 1943, retiring from full time service in 1983, coincidentally the same year as I joined the BBC. He had many roles, working at Broadcasting House, Alexander Palace, Lime Grove, he worked on the build of the first CAR at Television Centre before moving to Southampton as EIC, later Belfast as Man Ops.
Some of my earliest memories are of BBC Southampton in Southwestern House. Television Engineering and Production were part of my childhood, I grew up in the industry, so following my Father's footsteps was probably inevitable and I have him to thank for my Career in Television (we call it Media now).
Ken's Committal and Celebration of Life was held on 15th September, attended by close family and friends only due to Covid restrictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print