Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC News- cuts (Read 2732 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

BBC News- cuts
Jul 15th, 2020, 3:52pm

BBC News website reports the forthcoming BBC News department cuts, here.

The "Press Gazette" reports the story, here.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: BBC News- cuts
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2020, 2:42pm

"More interviews will be conducted by Skype, Zoom and other video technologies, meaning there's less reliance on satellite trucks and radio cars."

Dear God! Don't they know just how infuriating this form of connection is?

I know how expensive it is to get an interview properly set up, but with lighting, exposures and sound all being (notionally) handled by a $15 webcam, please, let's not degrade our service to that of Twatter or Instigrum levels of (lack-of) quality.

Not so many years ago the BBC was the absolute byword for quality broadcasting. It seems now that this present government (indeed, all those since 2010) are hellbent on destroying the reputation we built up over half a century.
And all for a mess of pottage.

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Burstner55
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2020, 5:58pm

I am listening to Dead Ringers on R4. It’s a brilliant satire challenging the government, Trump and just about everything currently being talked about. It also targets some big BBC names like Nick Robinson. Why can’t BBC journalists be as challenging? Must we rely on satire for calling “authority“ to account?   The BBC is becoming universally impotent for several reasons. As Murdoch extends his reach into serious radio the time has come to challenge the seemingly lily livered approach and to speak for the people. But it isn’t going to happen, is it?    Meanwhile more and more people of my acquaintance and myself included are watching less and less BBC television, especially news and current affairs. Never was “I’m glad I’m out of it” more applicable.  

IP Logged

double-vision

I Love YaBB 2!
Scotland
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2020, 12:38pm

The last correspondent really hit the nail on the head as regards BBC Scotland being lily livered. They seem unable to criticise anything about the way Scotland is governed for fear of a bunch of banner waving cybernats arriving on Pacific Quay and making a "noise." Too late to grow some springs to mind.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print