Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
actor Andrew Burt (Read 6402 times)
Maggie

London W11
actor Andrew Burt
Nov 27th, 2018, 3:09pm

celebrated actor Andrew Burt, who was in so many BBC programmes in the 1970s and 80s, died on 16th November. His funeral will be held on December 10th 2018,  @ 15.20 MORTLAKE CREMATORIUM
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2018, 8:14pm by Administrator »  

IP Logged

V Meldrew
YaBB Newbies

Re: actor Andrew Burt
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2018, 4:47pm

What sad news. I only saw Andrew earlier in the year at a 40th reunion for cast and crew of the filming of "The Voyage of Charles Darwin" in 1978. That reunion featured in Propero.

A really nice person, good company and able to recount stories from those filming days.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2018, 8:19am by V Meldrew »  

IP Logged

Maggie

London W11
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2018, 6:53pm

we are all shocked, so sudden. Please note amended time for funeral 15.20h.

IP Logged

V Meldrew
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2018, 12:03pm

I have only just read that the original post has been changed to show the funeral is to be on 10th December, not 10th January.

I was hoping to attend, but cannot now make it on Monday. I hope Andrew receives a suitable farewell.

IP Logged

Maggie

London W11
Re: actor Andrew Burt funeral update
Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2018, 9:45pm

I will post a brief resume for you. So sad, we saw him very recently, after the Darwin reunion, at Costume Designer Reg Samuel's funeral. Reg was taken ill that very weekend and Andrew was very upset about that. It proves we have to cherish each day as it comes...

IP Logged

Maggie

London W11
Re: actor Andrew Burt (after funeral)
Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2018, 10:25am

A damp chilly day at Mortlake but such a good turn out they ran out of Order of Service cards. One-time presenter Joanna Monroe spoke with great affection about their friendship, a nephew and a couple of longterm friends added their tributes, all accentuating the mischievous humour that was Andrew's trademark. It was of course a sad but affectionate occasion...then they all went "down the pub!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print