Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prospero-Benefits Package,February 2018 edition (Read 4842 times)
WG

Hitchin
Prospero-Benefits Package,February 2018 edition
Feb 9th, 2018, 4:37pm

Have noticed the above fairly recent regular editorial addition to Prospero-usually on page 2- and always read it with interest. In the feb article on State Pensions,, it occurs to me that BBC Pensioners , in receipt of a BBC pension,might be confused by the paper's summary of impending 2018 rises in their State Pension. In the article, reference is correctly made to a higher rise- in £ terms-being given to those in receipt of the new State Pension in comparison to those receiving the old.
I think I am right in assuming that whilst there are indeed BBC Pensioners who may be receiving the new State Pension--very few-if any, will be receiving the FULL new £164.34 amount.  
I've read umpteen times elsewhere that when the new State Pension came into play-you only got the full amount of that at state pension age because you were not in possession of a company pension?
A BBC pension IS a company pension.

Mr Playlist

IP Logged

Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Re: Prospero-Benefits Package,February 2018 edition
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2018, 5:20pm

Prospero (February 2018) may be found as a pdf file here.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

V Meldrew
YaBB Newbies

Re: Prospero-Benefits Package,February 2018 edition
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2018, 11:02am

I reached the State Pension age at the end of April 2016, just a few weeks after the introduction of the higher rate. I had thought that I would get the higher rate, but because I had been contracted out by working for the BBC, that ws not the case.

In fact I was told that under these new rules, I should have got less than under the old rules!!  My pension could have been only £60 a week. The Government Pension Service told me that due to these changes, I would not lose out and my pension became about £120 a week.

I  doubt if anyone who is a BBC pensioner could get the £164 a week.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print