Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1971 diary of a BBC secretary in paperback (Read 3082 times)
Sarah_S
YaBB Newbies

1971 diary of a BBC secretary in paperback
Oct 26th, 2017, 6:54pm

Apologies for plugging my own book, but you might like to know that my diary for 1971, when I was working for the BBC in the Langham, will be published in paperback and as an audiobook on Nov 2nd by Little, Brown.  Available from bookshops, Amazon, etc. etc.  
Curiously, the publishers have changed the title from the hardback, removing the reference to the BBC.  Its title is now 'Secret diary of a 1970s secretary'.  
I have made it very clear in all interviews and talks that I've given that my relationship with an older man, described in the diary, has nothing to do with the Savile stuff etc.  You can imagine how frustrating it is to have to keep repeating that!  I've recorded an interview about this and my book which should be broadcast soon on Radio 4's 'Broadcasting House'.
There's a Facebook page for the book if you'd like further info https://www.facebook.com/1971secretdiarybbc/
Sarah

IP Logged

chris west

Spain
Re: 1971 diary of a BBC secretary in paperback
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2017, 12:15pm

Interesting, how craven of the publishers to remove the very bit of the title that should make potential readers sit up and take note. Good luck with it.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print