Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Poldark (Read 6248 times)
Burstner55
Ex Member

Poldark
Jun 25th, 2017, 6:29pm

Such a shame that when Auntie does have a product worth watching that they feel the need to squander it in midsummer when viewing is at its lowest ebb. Poldark makes superb autumnal/winter viewing, reminding us in the gloom of those wonderful scenes of our holiday visits. "larkrise" was just such a winter warmer and in  our house was followed religiously. Very disappointed that the otherwise-unmissable Poldark is encroaching on our warm evenings....even if we watch on Iplayer. Just one of the very many things that seem to be irksome about Auntie these days.

IP Logged

WG

Hitchin
Re: Poldark
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2017, 8:01am

Agreed-Poldark is a snug winter's evening TV treat.

Mr Playlist

IP Logged

Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2017, 12:42pm

Probably a condition of selling out to Netflix. Let's hope with the furore of complaints about poor sound, the BBC will learn that it should continue to make it's own programmes.

Speaking of poor sound, did you hear the weak response from the beeb about the many complaints of mumbling?  "We didn't make it" !  Then again perhaps that's the ploy?  Buy something in and it's not the beeb's fault!

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

Roundabout

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2017, 2:48pm

Well Dickie it makes a change from the Beeb saying it's our (the viewers') fault!!

IP Logged

Carolyn
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2017, 8:04am

summer broadcast of Poldark could have something o do with BBC Worldwise commercial sales policies - that is it has to be shown on BBC TV before it can be licensed for broadcast overseas. It will surely be a big earner for them - and will be placed in the Autumn schedules of the counties that broadcast it?

IP Logged

Burstner55
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2017, 10:05pm

After tonight's turgid episode I find I am becoming increasingly less wistful for an Autumn screening. If the plot is dragged out any more it will run into Christmas!  I yawned all the way through the second half hour. But I did have a quiet chuckle at the "lovers slo-moing into each others arms on a beach", wondering where I have seen that before.......

IP Logged

chris west

Spain
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2017, 12:05pm

Channel Four happy to run Fargo and Handmaid's Tale in summer hours. Both very watchable - we gave up on Poldark at end of last series, despite the obvious attractions of the main protagonists for Mrs W and me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print