Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is the BBC impartial? (Read 2516 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Is the BBC impartial?
Jan 28th, 2017, 11:55am

An academic says not.  Read his views here.  

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Burstner55
Ex Member

Re: Is the BBC impartial?
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2017, 10:30pm

Very thought-provoking......this last paragraph is the one I'll be thinking of when I can't sleep.......
we need to be thinking much more ambitiously about institutional design in the same way as Birt and the other neoliberals did in the 1980s and ‘90s. What kind of BBC do we want for the 21st century? That’s the real question we should be asking. It’s very clear that the BBC leadership are unable or unwilling to advance anything like an ambitious vision for public media. If they have a vision it is for the BBC to be retained as a source of public funding, quasi-official news, and a leading British brand that can give UK media companies an edge in the international market.  They simply have no notion of the severity of the social crisis we are currently in and the political importance of public media and the values it should embody. If we want public media to survive, we are going to have to come up with a vision for the future. The BBC, or at least the people at the top of the BBC, will not do that for us.
The sentence I emphasise in bold is a serious indictment, and one with which I think members of the Forum will empathise.
I am so glad I am no longer a part of it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print