Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PIE cut off dates (Read 11548 times)
Peter-S
YaBB Newbies

PIE cut off dates
Jan 11th, 2016, 3:10pm

I received my personal statement and guide in early December 2015. I was informed that I must discuss with Chase De Vere if I was thinking of taking up the option and was given cut-off dates of for both discussing with Chase De Vere and submitting my application to opt into PIE.

Last Saturday (January 9th 2016) I received a further letter from the BBC reminding me of the option and the cut off dates. However, these cut off dates had been moved forward a full four weeks. I now need to discuss my options with Chase De Vere by January 22nd. (The original letter stated February 19th).

As I am going to be away from home from tomorrow morning and unable to have this mandatory discussion with Chase De Vere before the new deadline it appears I have lost the opportunity of taking up the PIE option. Attempts to contact Chase De Vere either by phone or e-mail have produced only a 'will get back to you within three days'.

I sometimes wonder how seriously this project is being taken.

IP Logged

KenFranks
Ex Member

Re: PIE cut off dates
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2016, 8:43am

I too have been sent these conflicting and confusing letters. I telephoned the Pensions Centre on Monday and was told the original letter was correct. It was confirmed that the original dates still applied.
I decided that in order to keep all options open I should talk to Chase de Vere, and during the conversation with their advisor I mentioned the confusion over dates. The consultant to whom I was talking knew of the problem and apologised on behalf of the BBC. He too said the original dates still applied.
Hope that helps clarify the situation.

IP Logged

Director_General
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2016, 8:00am

Am I alone in finding Chase de Vere near to impossible to deal with? The advice line in my experience is not answered. You leave a message, in my case giving dates and times I would be in. They call back days later at a different time, and despite my wife's offer of a good window to get me they say I have to start the process again. I too find the cut off dates confusing and am grateful to Ken for confirming the correct position.  I have yet to speak to CDV despite calls and e-mails. What a farce!

IP Logged

Steve_H
YaBB Newbies

London
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2016, 11:25pm

Director_General wrote on Jan 19th, 2016, 8:00am:
Am I alone in finding Chase de Vere near to impossible to deal with? The advice line in my experience is not answered. You leave a message, in my case giving dates and times I would be in. They call back days later at a different time, and despite my wife's offer of a good window to get me they say I have to start the process again. I too find the cut off dates confusing and am grateful to Ken for confirming the correct position.  I have yet to speak to CDV despite calls and e-mails. What a farce!

I had my PIE consultation with CdV yesterday afternoon after arranging a date/time by email the day before. They rang bang on time and the whole process lasted the predicted 50 minutes. The discussion confirmed pretty much what I had been thinking, and recommended declining the offer, but I'm glad that I talked to them and hadn't purely gone by "gut feeling." It's not too late to change my mind again, but I'm not sure that my circumstances could change enough to make that likely before the offer closes.
I asked if the BBC came up with PIEv2 at some point in the future that I would not be invited to take part because of my not accepting this time. The advisor suggested that declining it this time would not rule out any future offerings (whatever they maybe.)

IP Logged

V Meldrew
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2016, 10:30am

I don't know if there is any significance in the fact that the tender for the PIE process allows for the company (Chase DeVere) to act for the BBC for 2-3 years.

This was posted elsewhere on this forum:

https://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/Search/Search_Print.aspx?ID=JUN090511

I also found this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13640107

The article was written nearly 5 years ago, but more relevant now!

IP Logged

Steve_H
YaBB Newbies

London
Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2016, 2:40pm

That's interesting that they've been given a 2-3 year long contract, and I can't imagine that the PIE exercise will keep them busy for that long? I wonder what else the BBC is planning to use them for?

IP Logged

Brian_S
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2016, 6:10pm

I too found Chase de Vere very easy to contact and had a long discussion with a knowledgeable adviser. He suggested accepting the offer (which I had already decided I would do) but was obviously concerned to ensure I understood all the pros and cons (presumably to avoid a claim for "miss-selling" at a later date!).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print