Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Danny Greenstone (Read 5812 times)
Sarah_S
YaBB Newbies

Danny Greenstone
Aug 30th, 2015, 1:36pm

Very sorry to learn that Danny Greenstone died of a major heart attack in the early hours of Saturday (29th August).  Danny worked first in the News Cuttings Library which inspired him to invent The News Quiz (still running on Radio 4).  He worked on a number of radio light entertainment programmes before moving on to a successful career in television.

IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: Danny Greenstone
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2015, 8:19am

Just to say that I'm distraught at this news!

I'd known Danny for many years (right from when he worked in the Cuttings library) and shared several binges with him in the dim and distant past.
He was such a shining star - and had progressed through the entertainment industry so well (deservedly so, and not just from all the tributes to his prowess that I've read).
Sadly the chance to hear his clarion tones again has passed. But I will take Danny's passing as a sharp reminder to do those things I want to do TODAY, and not put them off for some other day - which may never come.

[I'm feeling the swish of that scythe getting rather closer!  Wink ]

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

JohnW

Eggington, Bedfordshire
Re: Danny Greenstone
Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2015, 5:48pm

For those that might be interested .... this from Katy Greenstone (his daughter).

Daniel Simon Greenstone
18th May 1953 - 29th August 2015

The Funeral will be held on Monday 28th September 2015 at 11:30 a.m.  at Norse Road Cemetery and Crematorium,
Norse Road, Bedford, MK41 0RL

and afterwards in The Swan Hotel, The Embankment, Bedford, MK40 1RW

Flowers to Arnold's Funeral Service, 48 Roff Avenue, Bedford, MK41 7TE

John-Westbury  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print