Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help needed with Studer A62 (Read 4841 times)
NigelH
YaBB Newbies

Sussex
Help needed with Studer A62
May 26th, 2015, 4:20pm

Help needed!   Not so much new technology but ancient and venerable.   I have a Studer A62 reel-to-reel tape machine and for years my wife has been asking me to deal with and slim my archive of tapes.  Having retired and moved house in the past year I started last week on this particular retirement project.  All went well for the first 50 or so tapes.  Then I left the room for a few minutes, and whilst my back was turned the Studer decided enough was enough.  I suspect the PSU has died but there could be other reasons.  That’s almost the limit of my technical knowledge but I wonder whether there might be some kind person out there who might either give some advice about getting the machine going again or (even better!) come and have a look.  I live now in Sussex fairly close to Brighton and so it would probably mean someone who also lives in this vicinity.  The machine is upstairs and too heavy and cumbersome to move easily.  Who knows – there might just be an engineer who worked on Studers who would like to experience the nostalgia and provide the healing touch?!  I should be very grateful to hear.  It would save me building a dog house!   Nigel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print