Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pension payment date (Read 6852 times)
Knocking On
YaBB Newbies

North of Watford
Pension payment date
Mar 18th, 2015, 6:28pm

I see that the BBC are to pay salaries on the 15th of the month regardless of what day of the week it falls on (i.e weekends).

I wonder if BBC Pensions will take this idea up too?

IP Logged

Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
Re: Pension payment date
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2015, 10:08pm

Erm...

Pensions are paid on the 16th of the month, or on the preceding Friday if it falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank holiday.  That principle has now been extended to staff, who get paid on the 15th.

I quote relevant bits of the Ariel article:-

"The BBC has announced that salaries are to be paid in advance, when the 15th of the month is a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday."

"'BBC employees get paid on 15th of the month, and if that falls on a bank holiday or a weekend, it currently moves to the next working day. We have agreed that when this occurs in future, we will now pay employees beforehand rather than afterwards.
'August 2015 is the next month where this applies and salaries will therefore now be paid on Friday 14 August instead of Monday 17 August."

Or are you suggesting we get paid on the 15th?!

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

WG

Hitchin
Re: Pension payment date
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2015, 1:45pm

Does this really matter in these days of direct debits here there and everywhere?
Who remembers the bad old days when salaries were paid at the end of the month? Salaries were seemingly generous in december by paying well before xmas . This of course meant that January was one heck of a long month.

Mr Playlist

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print