Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Robin Adams (Read 3102 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Robin Adams
Feb 14th, 2015, 2:11pm

An obituary by Ken Oxley.

I first worked in studios with Robin when he joined TV News at AP in the early 1960s.  He was great to work with and approached everything he undertook with drive and enthusiasm. I remember once having to persuade him not to take perfectly serviceable equipment apart just for the fun of it!
However, his enthusiasm extended well beyond the workplace and several of us had cause to be grateful for his help with DIY, or fixing cars.

His technical abilities were soon recognised and he was seconded to P.I.D. to assist in equipping the new studios at TC Spur ready for TV News to move in 1969.  It must have been during this time that he cultivated excellent contacts with other departments, including Designs Department and Technical Investigations Department, all of which were very valuable to TV News in the ensuing years.  Later, as the result of yet another BBC re-organisation he became Manager Base Operations (TV News), a post he held for several years.  He then left the BBC to pursue a very successful career in the wider broadcasting industry with companies such as “Basys” and later Drake Electronics, eventually being based in Denver for several years.

With gradually failing health he finally settled in the Philippines where he lived in quiet retirement until dying on Sunday February 8th, shortly before his 70th birthday.
Another good friend and colleague gone.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print