Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Expat pensions (Read 12130 times)
stephenj
YaBB Newbies

Expat pensions
May 18th, 2014, 5:53pm

Am I the only pensioner living abroad (France in my case) to be unhappy about the delay in the payment of my pension? This is supposed to be paid on the 15th of each month but can take eight days to reach my French account (in euros). I have taken this up with the pensions people but they shrug their shoulders and say it must be my French bank, which says it credits me the day the money arrives. I've been getting my pension in France for 20 years and have never had this problem before. Did the BBC not change its bank not so long ago?
Could it be the new bank sits on the money (earning interest) for a few days before transferring it? After all, it is all automated these days, no clerk sits at a stool with parchment and a quill pen. Maybe I am unlucky...

IP Logged

chris west

Spain
Re: Expat pensions
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2014, 12:50pm

It could be your French bank. Mine comes in pretty regularly to Spain on the 18th or 19th of the month. Bit early to say, but it even seems a little more prompt since the pension scheme changed banks around October last year.

IP Logged

Howard G

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2014, 2:11pm

My BBC Pension in South Africa takes 4 working days always. Get it around 19th
Mind you my gripe is with my Uk State Pension which I paid into for 40+ years. Expats  here and Australia, Canada etc get NO pension rises each year or COLD WEATHER ALLOWANCE. It gets colder here than S of France or Spain.  So don't moan if you Beeb pension is a day late.  Even ex pats in the Caribbean get COLD WEATHER ALLOWANCE!!!!

IP Logged

Amigo

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2014, 2:19pm

Please note that the Mediterranean coast of Spain has been colder than some places in the UK for several days!
Other places in the centre of Spain are even colder for a longer period.

Regarding pensions, my last two BBC Pensions arrived in the Spanish bank on the 22nd April and the 24th March.

IP Logged

Howard G

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2014, 2:35pm

Sorry but please forgive me for crying at your gross misfortune. (NOT ) Grin

IP Logged

chris west

Spain
Reply #5 - May 19th, 2014, 6:34pm

Cheer up Howard, they're knocking the Cold Weather Allowance in Spain on the head, from next year I think. I'll be happy to buy you a couple of beers out of mine when next I see you.

IP Logged

roy argyle
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2014, 9:53pm

Whats the price of beer in south Africa , just asking as Iam teatotal.
roy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print